Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beach Towel

If I could, I’d wrap you up in a beach towel
Everyday of your life
And we would lay warm and content -
Looking at the ocean – wondering if it really exists
Beyond the horizon.

If I could, I’d wrap you up
Not only to warm the chill that the
Tumbling waves created or
Protect you from the sun’s tentacles

But also to enjoy a moment with your head
Against my belly – reminiscent of before we ever met
Face to face – and watch as children play
With buckets of sand and grown ups
With poles and lines.

If I could, I’d make sure life was a beach
For you.  You’d never forget your sunblock,
Beach towel, floppy hat, or reading material.
But, perhaps, you would look up and out
Sometimes, wondering what really exists
Beyond the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment